Friday 22 December 2017

Russian Actor - Black and White Card

December 1, 2017

One of the fabulous things I like about Postcrossing is the chance to learn more about subjects that I love.  I am a movie fanatic and I love black and white photos too.  This means that when someone sends me a black and white photo of an actor that I am not familiar with, I get really excited.  This card was one that made me very happy!

Galina sent this card of actor Vladimir Vysotsky. I must admit that I hadn't heard of him before this.

She wrote,

"Hello, Helen! My name is Galina. I live in a small town not far from Moscow.
My passion is travelling. Postcard photo of the popular actor of theatre and cinema, singer Vladimir Vysotsky.

Best wishes from Russia.

Galina"

Vladimir Vysotsky (Linked to his IMDb Profile)

What the IMDb doesn't say, but should, according to this blog, is that Vladimir Vysotsky was the singer on the music that Mikhail Baryshnikov dances to in the theatre in White Nights. I'm linking to a video... the video may be taken down at any time, so this link may not always work. 

It is actually rather a surprise for me to find the link. White Nights is one of my favourite films and this song haunted me from the first time I saw the film.  I never had any idea who the singer was, since I didn't hear the name of the singer in the movie.  The song wasn't on the soundtrack either, so never looked it up before this. 

The stamp Galina used is rather attractive too.  




All in all, this is a very cool Postcrossing that just keeps getting more and more interesting!  Thank you so much Galina!

No comments: