Wednesday 29 November 2017

India - Food

November 16, 2017

This interesting card came to me from India.  It was sent by Ashok and he wrote a friendly note on the back of the card.

He wrote,
"Hi,
Warm Greetings from India.
My name is Ashok K J
I live in Dharwad, Karnataka
a place known for its universities
and culture of luminaries. [Honestly, I'm guessing at what he wrote here. It was hard to read.]
With regards"

Upma
 The caption on the back of the card was quite long, but interesting. It explained the food on the front of the card.  It is called Upma or Uppittu.  It's a common South Indian breakfast dish which is cooked as a porridge from semolina or rice flour.  Various seasonings are added during cooking, depending on what the cook likes!  There's more, but it goes into the differences in regions and words. so I'll save it for now!


The stamps are also rather interesting.  They were put on sideways, so I turned them "right side up" for ease of viewing.  I hope you like them too!


No comments: